I need to slow water the beds in the backyard and start the laundry.
I need to spray Roundup on the crepe mytle that is growing out of the supposedly dead stumps in the front yard.
I need to mow the front yard and start weeding out the bad grass. I also want to seed more ground cover — which will require daily watering (must commit to that if I do it).
I need to clean up the dog poop. I won’t dig out a post from the old front deck yet since I bought another 50 degradable poop bags. Procrastination? maybe.
I bought some flower carpet to put along the ditch, but I have to weed the space first. I may get to that. (It also needs to be watered twice a day for who knows how long.)
I need to clear space for new beds and get back to seedlings: peppers, more beans, and more beans. and squash.
I think I will put all of the herbs in pots.
Oh, and more leafy greens.
And then there is putting in the rest of the gutters and fixing what is already there and painting the fence.
I finally found out why my squash has been dying — lack of pollination. I’m just going to let them fight it out in a Darwinian way. Prettier flowers PLEASE!
Other things I am thinking about:
- why wingnuts were so worried about Nashville until Arizona happened
- why bad behavior is inconsistent i.e. why that guy who yelled “You lie” at Obama couldn’t find his voice when the Mexican prez supposedly pissed off so many of his friends
- why Michael Berry thinks it’s ok not to read legislation while he was a city councilperson but demands the reverse when he is a talk radio STAR.
- why Chris Baker thinks he will win in the Presidential contest in 2012 against Sean Hannity.
- republicans not only peaked too soon, they misread the entire electorate.
- shouldn’t the old school effort to rewrite history in textbooks be a non-issue? Can’t publishers tailor their textbooks with little profit loss or are they in on it as well?
- Yes, we can.
- Oh wait, I forgot to mention that some (?) want the government to take over the oil spill. The free market would just have the oil flow, I guess. Critics of the administration have no response of what should have been or what should be done. No surprise.
Lastly, one of my students made some chicken jerky for my pups. They love it. How did I get so lucky? Pictures soon.